The Principal of the S.J.V.P. College Autonomous shall be the Chief Controller of the Examinations. The College has a separate examination section headed by a senior professor as Controller of Examinations and assisted by the Office Assistants, Computer Operators and Attender.
The entire Examination work is computerized with Exclusive Software and confidentiality of the examination work is maintained.
The College has U.G. courses such as B.A. B.Sc. with different combinations. B.Com. B.B.M. and B.C.A. for the period of three years duration in semester scheme (Six Semesters) and also P.G. courses such as M.A. in English, M.A. in Kannada and M.Sc. in Computer Science for the period of two years duration (Four Semesters) in CBCS Scheme.
The Davanagere University (Parent University) will award degree to the students evaluated and recommended by S.J.V.P. Autonomous College.
- The course structure of the syllabus and the scheme of B.A./B.Sc./ B.Com./B.B.M./ and B.C.A. shall be decided by the concerned B.O.S. and of all the faculties and academic council from time to time and shall be approved by the Governing Body.
- Separate Examination Committee has been formed for internal test.
- Three internal tests are conducted (including improvement test).
- The internal assessment marks list are announced two days before the commencement of the theory examinations.
- Coded examination system is followed.
- There shall be central valuation of coded answer scripts of theory papers from 1st to 6th (First to Sixth) semester examinations.
- The results are declared in college website w.w.w.sjvp.ac.org.
- A Student admitted to the Ist semester course shall be promoted to the 3rd semester only after his/her passing a minimum of 40% of the papers of Ist and 2nd semesters put together. For admission to the 5th semester of the course, a student has to pass minimum of 40% of the papers of I, II, III, and IV semesters put together.
- We have made provision for photocopy of the answer scripts, retotaling of marks, revaluation of answer scripts, P.P.C. and Migration Certificates.
- The P.G. courses coded answer scripts are valued by both internal and external examiners.
- The results of P.G. courses declared in Grade Point(O,A,B,C,D,F,) by considering both internal and external examiners marks.
- The ranks are announced separately for B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.B.M., B.C.A. on the basis of highest percentage secured in Vth and VIth semesters and complete all the subjects of all semesters in first attempt only and the ranks are announced for M.A. in English and M.A. in Kannada on the basis of highest C.G.P.A.