Our College Vision & Mission
Considering the quality education of S.J.V.P. College, the Kuvempu University has granted Permanent affiliation during 1997-98. This permanent affiliation is being renewed once in five years and the status quo is maintained by the Davanagere University as our college now comes under the ambit of Davanagere University. Further, recognizing academic achievements of our college, NAAC accredited our college at Three Star level during 2000-2001, B++ in the year 2006-07 and B grade in the year 2013-14. In addition to this, our college is approved under section 2(f) of the U.G.C. Act of 1956 dated 8th June 1988, and is also declared as eligible college to get required financial assistance under section 12(B) of U.G.C. Act 1956, dated 22nd February 2002 and, our college got Autonomous status on 26th September 2005 by U.G.C and same has been extended by the UGC in the year 2011-12 to 2016-17, and due to the new guidelines of UGC we came back to affiliation system from autonomy and now our esteemed institution is an affiliated college of Davangere university.
To make education the defining element of national development by fostering educational needs and developments.
- To set and achieve high standards in education in the atmosphere of autonomy through Internal Quality Assurance Cell.
- To prepare students for life and to the needs of society at national and international standards.
- To develop the sense of responsible citizenship.
- To promote the use of science and technology and scientific temper.
- To foster the educational development.
- To contribute to the Socio-economic development of the community.
- To be sensitive to the needs of people.
- To act as an agent of social change and other positive changes for the good cause of nation.
- To appreciate and respect all faiths and foster religious harmony as well as national integration.
- To create environment required to impart appropriate knowledge, relevant skills and experience.
- To promote vocational and entrepreneurial education.
- To set and achieve high standards in education.
Designing our Vision Statement
While designing the curriculum the institutional vision and mission are reflected in the academic programmes.