CODE OF CONDUCT
- Every Teacher shall discharge his/her duties efficiently and diligently to match with the academic standards and performance norms laid down by the College Management from time to time.
- Every Teacher shall update his/her knowledge and skills to equip himself/herself professionally for the proper discharge of duties assigned to him/her.
- Every Teacher shall conduct himself/herself with absolute dignity and decorum in his/her dealing with the superiors, colleagues and students every time.
- No teacher shall absent himself/herself from duties at any time without prior permission from higher-ups.
- No teacher shall accept any honorary or other assignment given to him/her by any external agency without the prior permission of the College Management.
- No teacher shall associate with any political party or take part in any other organizational actively, which is not in line with the duties and ethics of the teaching profession.
- No teacher shall attempt to bring any political or outside pressure on his/her superior authorities in respect of service matters.
- No teacher shall participate in any strike or demonstration and /or indulge in any criticism of College Management policy or of the Government for any reason whatsoever.
- No teacher shall act in any manner that violates the norms of decency or morality in his/her conduct or behavior inside and outside the College Campus.
- No teacher shall incite, provoke or instigate any students or any other member of the staff into any form of action against the College Management, or that seeks to disrupt the academic activities of the College.
- No teacher shall by act or deed degrade, harass or insult any other person for any reason whatsoever or act in a manner unbecoming of the teaching profession.
- Every teacher in the service of the College shall at all the time strive for academic excellence in the discharge of his/her duties and conduct himself/herself in the manner of a perfect role model for others to emulate.
The College Management may, however, at its sole discretion provide an opportunity to the teaching staff for presenting his/her case through a personal hearing before taking a final decision. The decision of the College Management will be final and binding and will not be subject to any appeal to any individual or forum.
TEACHERS AND THE STUDENTS
- Teachers should Respect the right and dignity of the student in expressing his/her opinion.
- Teachers should Deal justly and impartially with students regardless of their religion, caste, political, economic, social and physical characteristics.
- Teachers should Recognize the difference in aptitude and capabilities among students and strive to meet their individual needs.
- Teachers should Encourage students to improve their attainments, develop their personalities and at the same time contribute to community welfare.
- Teachers should Inculcate among students scientific outlook and respect for physical labour and ideals of democracy, patriotism and peace.
- Teachers should Be affectionate to the students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Teachers should Pay attention to only the attainment of the student in the assessment of merit.
- Teachers should Make themselves available to the students even beyond their class hours and help and guide students without any remuneration or reward.
- Teachers should Aid students to develop an understanding of our national heritage and national goals.
- Teachers should Refrain from inciting students against other students, colleagues or administration.